Logo

Logo
His Renown Photography

29 September 2009

Sebastien Thompson...a lil man with BIG insight!...



it never fails... I will be in the midst of taking pictures of a lil one... we get to talking about things and something they say totally blows me away. to be fair to them, usually they are unaware that what they are saying has such amazing impact.

Take Bash... if you will remember back to the first of this year I shared some time with Bash as we were awaiting our outgoing President (good o "W") to come to Midland so we could "welcome him home". Bash and I were talking as I was taking some pictures of the 'little' crowd gathered. as Bash and I talked, he asked me if I knew what kind of man "W" was, and if I thought he was the kind of man that would spank a kid if he and done wrong or he would just look past the bad in people and see the good... if you think about it those are some really deep thoughts. Well that and the fact that someone might have been in a little bit of trouble at school that day... But still I wonder what kind of people are each of us? do we take the time to look past the blemish of people to see the good in them?

well I got to spend another day with Bash here recently- in fact it was one of my very last days in Midland, Texas as I prepared to pack my things and relocate my life to try and find a new start... as Bash and I were in my friends backyard starting the picture process he asked me why it was so important to take so many photos... I decided to turn the question back to Bash... I said gee I'm not sure Bash.. what do you think? he kind of kicked the ground smiled a lil and said... "I think it is because people want to remember the really really good things about you, so when they are upset or sad- they can look at the good things and be happy"... I told him that was probably the right answer. that photos were the ability to take a moment and keep it forever to remember what something or someone looked like... he thought about that for a little while while we were taking photos... and while we were looking and flowers he looked and me and said.. "yeah I won't be almost 6 forever and these flowers won't be here forever especially if I pick them or step on them"... YUP he is ALL boy... O and for the record... we didn't step on or pick ANY of Mr. Bruce or Ms. Martha's flowers... just smelled them!!





No comments:

Post a Comment